● China refused to disengage at Gogra & Hot Spring areas along LAC. Elements from PLA motorised infantry division, an artillery brigade and air-defence unit also remain near the LAC.
● IAF’s biggest exercise Iron Fist, held every three years to showcase India’s air power. This crucial air exercise involving almost 200 aircraft will not be conducted this year in the backdrop of the Indian Air Force’s high-tempo operations in the Ladakh sector, where IAF has been on its highest state of alert for several months owing to border tensions with China.
● India is likely to hold a large-scale exercise involving the Army, Air Force, and the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) in Ladakh.
● The Army has allotted 10,000 additional troops and firepower to the 17 Mountain Strike Corps to help it carry out its tasks along the China border. The 17 Mountain Strike Corps is Indian Army’s only strike corps that is responsible for carrying out offensive operations against China in case of a war.
● Maharashtra Police says “Hackers based in China attempted over 40,000 cyber attacks on India’s Information Technology infrastructure and banking sector in the last five days.” They say most of them were found to have originated in Chengdu area in China.